Ask us logo Ask us at the University of Salford

Name Changes

If you have changed your name it is important to inform the University as soon as possible so that the records we hold are updated.

View our name change policy 

To let us know you have changed your name please contact us with your request:

Telephone: 0161 295 5309

Before any alterations can be made you need to provide us with proof of your change of name. You can do so by:

  • Sending copies of official photographic identification e.g. a driver’s licence or passport  to
  • Visit the askUS desk, University House, with your original photographic identification.

We will then update your details and issue you with a new ID card.

You may also wish to contact the ITS service desk to update your email address.

You cannot change your name with us once you have graduated from the University.