Ask us logo Ask us at the University of Salford

Extension Requests

Project Stage of Masters Degree

What’s changed?

The University has reviewed its academic regulations and has made the decision to withdraw the option for students to make an application to apply for an academic extension. This came into effect from September 2016.

So, what does this mean?

This will mean that students that have registered on to their programme from September 2016 but haven’t yet progressed to their dissertation period will no longer be able to apply for an academic extension.

What if I progressed to my dissertation phase prior to September 2016?

You should be able to apply for an academic extension in the normal way through Advantage but this will depend upon the point at which you progressed to your dissertation. You can still pay for your request through the University online shop by clicking here. Before you do this, we would advise that you speak to your school office in the first instance, to ensure you are advised of the correct information and to check that you are eligible.

What if I have already been granted an academic extension?

Nothing will change, your period of additional time will remain and you will submit your dissertation in the normal way.

What if I’m still unsure?

If you have any queries please contact your school or the student records team on