Ask us logo Ask us at the University of Salford

Contact Us

Disability & Learner Support

University House, Peel Park Campus
University of Salford
Greater Manchester M5 4WT

Telephone: 0161 295 0023

You can also ask about us at any askUS desk

Concerns & Complaints

We endeavour to make all those who need to know aware of what support should be implemented for you.  However you may have concerns that the support is not what you expect. This page details what the options you have are:

If you feel aspects of your Reasonable Adjustment Plan have not been implemented or the School do not appear to be aware of your plan, please contact your Disability Adviser directly (see the front page of your support plan) or contact us at or call 0161 295 9000

Your Disability Adviser can address any aspects of non-implementation.  However if you feel your concerns are not disability-related, you are dissatisfied with the service from Disability & Learner Support or you want to take your complaint further, the following information will be useful:

student complaint is defined as a formal expression of dissatisfaction made by either a single student or a group of students about the provision of their programme, programme of study or related academic service or facility or any other service provided by the University.

Governance Services Unit (GSU) is responsible for the administration of the Student Complaints Procedure and general enquiries about the procedure can be made to Annette Cooke on 0161 295 4123 or Dr Peter Dooley on 0161 295 5211 or by email to

General information to students on the operation of the Complaints Procedure is available from the Student Life Directorate (Telephone 0161 295 0023 or by email

An academic appeal is a request for a review of decision of the Board of Examiners charged with making decisions on student progression, assessment and awards. All matters relating to examination and assessment performance and Academic judgment and Academic Appeals against Assessment Board decisions should follow this procedure.


Complaints against the University of Salford Students’ Union

Individual advice to students and advocacy on behalf of students is available
from the Students’ Union in University House (contact via Telephone 0161 351 5400 or email the advice centre The Students’ Union Academic Advisers offer independent advice, guidance and advocacy to all students.